Hospitality on board the Wylde Swan
Wylde Swan is ideal for receptions, meetings, workshops and parties up to 130 guests. Entertain your guests in the authentic atmosphere of a sailing Tall Ship.
The catering options on board vary from a hearty meal for hungry sailors to culinary experiences that equals restaurant quality. From a hearty snack, because the ship has to be sailed, to a multi-course dinner; our kitchen is equipped for these choices. Our chefs are proud of working with fresh, mostly locally grown ingredients and our service crew is hospitable and friendly.
To give you an example of our possibilities on board, we offer you one of our recipes here:
Slow cooked chicken with a crispy corn crust (gluten free)
3 tablespoons of olive oil
3 red onions, in thin slices (500 g)
2 garlic cloves, crushed
3 tablespoons red harissa (60 g)
2 teapoons sweet smoked paprika
850g chicken thighs, skinless and boned (about 9-10 thighs)
Passata 200 ml
5 large tomatoes, in four (400 g)
200 g roasted red peppers, drained and cut in circles of 2 cm thick
15 g of pure chocolate (70% cocoa solids)
20 g coriander, coarsely chopped
salt and black pepper
70 g unsalted butter, melted
500 g maize kernels, fresh or frozen and thawed (shaved maize kernels
of 4 large corn cobs)
3 tbsp full milk
3 eggs, egg yolks and protein separated
This is a delicious meal after a day on the water, for example served with a fresh green salad and can be prepared in advance. The slowly cooked chicken is full of flavour and the crust is gluten-free.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan with a lid on a medium high heat. Add the onions and cook for 8-9 minutes Stir a few times until they are caramelized and soft.Reduce the heat to medium and add the garlic, harissa, paprika, chicken thighs, 1 teaspoon of salt and black pepper to taste. Bake for 5 minutes with regular stirring. Then add the passata and tomatoes. Pour in 350 ml of water, bring to the boil and then leave it to 30 minutes to simmer for a moderate fire. Stir occasionally.
- Add the peppers and chocolate and simmer for another 35-40 minutes, without lid. Stir often until the sauce thickens and the chicken falls apart. Remove from the heat and stir in the coriander. In principle, the dish can already be served as a stew at this stage. We make an oven dish with a crispy corn crust. Spoon the chicken into a ceramic oven dish.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C (with fan).
- Melt the butter and pour into a bowl with the corn, milk, egg yolks and ¾ teaspoon of salt. Mix the whole to form a raw paste. You can also mix this mixture in a blender. Pour the protein into a separate clean bowl and whisk until it is firm. Spoon the egg white carefully through the corn kernel mixture until a smooth mixture is formed and pour the mix evenly about the chicken.
- Bake for 35 minutes, until the top is golden brown: check after 25 minutes to prevent the crust from getting too dark. Cover the last 10 minutes with aluminum foil. Remove the dish from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes before serving.